Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The road to May 1st. Week 5.

The race frontRUNNER's Labor Day Coast to Coast Ultra-marathon 'ONLY THE STRONG' is only about 10 weeks away. To be honest, I'm kind of getting a little nervous now. I'm still not at 100% sure that I will be able to make it. So, I made a drastic change to my training plan. From this time on, I will be doing 2 long runs per week, plus 1 workout that will either be a Tempo or an Intervals training. Emphasis for the training plan will now be towards the long runs as I think I need it more.

So, my first workout for the week. I did 23k, hamster mode around IT Park. This was supposed to be a morning workout, as all the workouts in my training plan should be, but the heavy rain did not allow it. However, this is already the 3rd day since my last run, so I needed to do this. I was trying to maintain a 5:30 pace for this workout, but I was only able to maintain this pace until about halfway through. I must admit I was gassed out, and by the second half, I was already at a 6:00 pace. Many thanks to Coleen D. for running and pacing with me in the last 4km, I was able to finish the workout strong and reached my 1000th km with this run!

On Friday, I did another long run to Busay with Joel C., and a friend from DM, Johnny F. This time, the weather was perfect! Going up, it was impossible to maintain a fast pace, but we tried to pick it up on our way down, maintaining a pace of 4:30 to 5:00.

I lack one workout this week, but it's okay, I will make up for it next week. To week 6...

1 comment:

  1. Hi Rodney. Have a new blog id.

    It is http://fcrunner.wordpress.com (Fog City Runner). Thanks and take care.

    Wayne

    ReplyDelete